Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year! I love to bake and have my house fill with all the scents that come with this beautiful season. Apple, spices, pumpkin.... I love it all! I have been enjoying this granola so much. I like to have it dry, as a snack, or pour some unsweetened almond milk over it and eat it as a cereal in the morning. You can also use it as a topping for yogurt (use non-dairy yogurt if keeping it dairy-free). I hope you enjoy this as much as I have been!
* I plan to make several mason jars of these with custom labels/tags, as a gift for friends around Thanksgiving. Just an idea for you!
If you make this recipe/ share this photo, I would love for you to tag me on social media. :) @ladyandhergents
Pumpkin Granola (gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free)
1 cup almond meal
1 cup gluten-free oats
1½ cup sliced almonds
1½ cup coconut flakes, coarsely chopped
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
½ cup Medjool dates, coarsely chopped
½ cup coconut oil
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
½ cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp all-spice
1. Preheat the oven to 275 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. In a very large bowl combine coconut flakes, almond flour, oats, dates, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds and pecans.
3. In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla extract and spices.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
5. Spread the granola in a thin layer on the baking sheet.
6. Cook for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning.